Join us for inclusive, innovative and truly egalitarian 2020/5781 High Holiday services.
Be part of our community. Buy your membership today.
It is more important than ever to reaffirm our place in our community, and renew our Shir Libeynu memberships or become a new member. Membership supports our monthly Shabbat services and other special services and events throughout the year. As a community we are facing many challenges. We are living through a global pandemic. Our beloved founder and leader, Rabbi Goldberg, is retiring. If there was ever a year to buy a membership, it is this year! Memberships will help keep our community together and strong.
This year’s High Holiday services will be led by Rabbi Dara Lithwick and our Chazzan and Musical Director, Daniela Gesundheit. We are continuing to plan for virtual High Holiday offerings. As we cannot gather safely in large numbers, it is best for us to focus on creating amazing virtual services. Click here for the schedule.
Please support our community by buying your Shir Libeynu membership today.
Your membership includes:
- Invitation to all Shir Libeynu presentations and workshops
- A vote at the Annual General Meeting and any other membership meetings
- Free membership for all children under 13
- Biweekly or monthly email newsletters
- Opportunities to volunteer—join the board, join a committee, read Torah, and more!
- Access to purchase cemetery plots in the Shir Libeynu section of Beit Olam which accommodates Jewish interfaith couples and families
- Educational programming for children and adults
- Admittance to all High Holiday services
- Up to two Yom Kippur tickets for family & friends at special members’ pricing.
In light of the pandemic, we have not increased our membership fees from 2019.
Adults $475 per person (31 years and older)
Young Adults $75 per person (ages 13 to 30)
Limited income membership $130 (please see Limited Income Criteria below)
Friends & family tickets for all Yom Kippur services $300 (limit of two tickets per member)
Children under 13 with parents/guardians are free. All children must be registered.
Rosh Hashanah $250
Kol Nidrei $250
Yom Kippur $250
Limited income single service $75
Rabbi Emerita Aviva Goldberg Community Access Fund
Please help us to continue to be affordable to everyone by contributing to our Rabbi Emerita Aviva Goldberg Community Access Fund. Your contributions will help ensure that everyone can participate, regardless of income. Donations to help others and to sustain our shul are especially important in this time.
Limited Income Criteria
Shir Libeynu’s fees strive to balance affordability with adequate funding for our congregation throughout the year. We won’t turn anyone away for lack of funds.
If you meet any of the criteria below, you can automatically purchase a limited income membership or single tickets:
- An individual earning $35,000 or less, or a family earning $50,000 or less, in gross annual income; or
- Senior citizens living exclusively on a fixed government income (e.g. OAS, GIS, CPP); or
- People living exclusively on a fixed income (e.g. social assistance, disability insurance, employment insurance); or
- A full-time student over 30 years of age (students 30 years of age or younger are entitled to our $75 membership).
If you don’t meet these criteria but want us to consider you for limited income membership or single tickets, please let us know by emailing email@example.com, or leaving a message at 416-465-5488, as early as possible. We cannot provide special pricing on the days of the High Holiday services. All information you provide is confidential.
If you have any questions about our pricing or have accessibility needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org